- Upstream: 8-lane PCI Express
- Downstream: Two Quad-lane External PCIe Connectors (38pin iPass compatible)
- Support PCI Express x4 Active Optical Cable ---45DEPX4-PCIE8XG201 (BOM V1.2.1) or later version
- Supports PCIe Gen 1 and PCIe Gen 2 transfer rates
- PCIe Gen 1: 2.5 Gbps per Lane
- PCIe Gen 2: 5.0 Gbps per Lane
- Maximum Payload Size – 2,048 bytes
- Quality of Service (Qos) support
- Two Virtual Channels (VC0 and VC1) per Port
- Eight Traffic Classes (TC[7:0]) per Port
- Weighted Round-Robin (WRR) Port and Vitual Channel (VC) arbitration
- Read Pacing™ (intelligent bandwidth allocation)
- Dual Cast™
- Dynamic Buffer Pool Architecture for faster credit updates
Dual External PCIe x4 to PCIe x8 Gen 2 Host Card. Designed to overcome the limited PCIe connectivity of most desktop computers, the DEP4X-PCIE8XG201 can be quickly and easily set up for external expansion. No additional software or drivers are needed.
In particularly rugged environments, your desktop computer can be placed at a secure location up to 7 meters (for PCIe Gen 1.0) or 100 meters (with PCIe A.O.C) away. High performance and reliable communication is maintained with the well-shielded extension cable or A.O.C (Active Optical Cable), and the docking station is designed to withstand high or low temperatures, vibrations and shocks. In addition, the isolation between core components and docked PCIe devices eliminates any possible electromagnetic interference between them.
Utilizing the standard PCI Express Switch, the 16-Lane/16-Port PCI Express Gen 2 (5 Gbps) Switch provides the most efficient fan-out solution.
The DEP4X-PCIE8XG201 can also be used to create PCI Express Gen 1 (2.5GT/s) Ports. The DEP4X-PCIE8XG201 is backward-compatible with PCI Express Gen 1 devices. Therefore, the DEP4X-PCIE8XG201 enables a Gen 2 native Chip Set to fan-out Gen 1 endpoints. The external PCIe connectors connected to the downstream Ports can be populated with either PCI Express Gen 1 or PCI Express Gen 2 devices. Conversely, the DEP4X-PCIE8XG201 can also be used to create PCI Express Gen 2 (5.0GT/s) Ports on a Gen 1 native Chip Set in the same manner.